Role Configuration EngineerThe world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Configuration Engineer team and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us and What are my responsibilities?
· This includes the responsibility of setting up a CM technology and process. This comprise of analysis phase consisting of understanding the current environment; a CM technology selection phase consisting evaluating the best CM technology for your needs.
· Implementation of Version Control tools and development of build workflows based on the technologies used by the development projects.
· Implementation of code analysis tools, monitoring frameworks and integration along with the daily builds.
· Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, for the team assigned.
· Coordinates activities performed by the assigned team of professionals and technicians and controls execution according to the organizational guidelines.
What else do I need to know?
- Strong knowledge on basics of configuration Management process, hands-on experience on CI CD tools like Jenkins, TFS
- Strong work experience in writing scripts in Perl/Python
- Hands-on experience on administration of version control tools like Git, Git hub, TFS, ClearCase, SVN…
- Strong Knowledge on Configuration of Static code Analysis tools
- Work experience in configuring Code Quality tools like SonarQube, Team Scale.
- Strong working experience in developing build workflows using
- any scripting perl, python, XAML, TFS vNext…
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time