We develop networks that supply our cities with light and heat intelligently and we know our way around automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skills, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- You act in tandem with the Technology Field Head to evaluate and prioritize R&D activities within the Technology Field MDM.
- You act as a coach for the Key Expert community within the Technology Field, and represent the TF in the T group of Senior Principal Key Experts.
- You analyze the current state of technology at Siemens and derive step-change improvements based on market and competitor trends, leveraging partnerships with research institutes.
- You have a clear vision of the future of relevant domains, and actively identify, pick up and set promising trends by initiating and driving corresponding research to ensure Siemens’ thought leadership in relevant technology fields.
- Moreover, you technically advise REE Management (technology roadmap, strategy questions, contract review, etc) and business partners (mainly clients), direct necessary activities and risk assessment and approve technical strategy.
- You initiate technical projects and working teams across Divisions or Business Units and you have strategic impact and relevance in industry.
- You guide the most strategically important projects within the TF and review technical concepts at critical milestones.
- You represent the TF and T/Siemens interests externally (e. g. publish in relevant journals, be part of international conference committees and give keynote talks) and you maintain excellent networks with institutes, universities, certification agencies, appraisers and consultants.
- Doctorate in a relevant technical field (Materials Science, Materials Processing, Manufacturing Technologies) is required.
- You have significant experience from more than 15 years of professional contribution in R&D or related environments.
- In addition, you have a significant technical contribution to medium/large client- or R&D-projects for the whole project lifecycle.
- You convince us with experience in contributing towards international projects and intercultural work experience in collaborating with global teams.
- You are driven by goals, and you contribute to company strategy.
- You understand and act on customer’s needs and advocate change.
- You create an environment that inspires people to generate new solutions with measurable impact.
- Cross functional experience is desirable.
- You are able to interact with the top management and have a strong network inside the Siemens brand ecosystem.
- Excellent English skills are required, German strongly recommended, Russian and/or Chinese capability would also be a plus.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time