- You are responsible for firmware development for programmable logic controllers (PLCs), mainly for ET 200 peripheral modules. Your task is to design, specify and implement the firmware
- You create feature specifications and firmware design and implement the firmware components in the relevant programming languages.
- Further, you define the firmware architecture and build a solution design. To do this, you coordinate with internal and external partners.
- Our customer comes first for you. You analyze customer requirements and independently carry out firmware development tasks for electronic components. You create and evaluate solution concepts for the firmware components
- Also, you keep a constant eye on the development progress. You coordinate and carry out tests to ensure the desired development results.
- Finally, you contribute and put the created firmware components into operation on the target hardware, test and optimize them.
- The basis of your success is a degree in computer engineering, automation technology, electrical engineering, information technology or similar.
- You have several years of professional experience in hardware-related software development using one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python.
- You have experience in embedded software development on microcontrollers for real-time applications, system analysis, architecture and design.
- You have knowledge of innovative software development methods (Clean Code, Test Driven Development, Unit Tests).
- You are familiar with the use of PC-based development tools (Eclipse, debuggers, simulators).
- If you already have basic knowledge of the function of field buses, programmable logic controllers and their programming, you are our ideal candidate.
- Experience working with edge computing architectures (distributed data processing, taking care of volatile connections, etc.) is also a plus.
- You will fit in with us if you can adapt quickly to new situations and find a dynamic environment appealing and relevant.
- You have an independent way of working but still appreciate the exchange with the team.
- You are used to presenting your work results and communicating in German and English.
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time