Siemens Canada Limited is a manufacturing company present in the Drummondville region for the past 50 years. Present in over 190 countries and employing nearly 400,000 people, Siemens operates in a number of industries, including sheet metal processing. Drummondville manufactures residential, industrial, and commercial electrical panels. Proud to have been named one of Canada's Top Employers eight times, Siemens Canada Limited offers a safe work environment with excellent working conditions.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace among different employee groups;
- Participate in incident investigations and monitor the implementation of corrective actions;
- Implement an action plan for OHS prevention;
- Coordinate and participate in prevention activities;
- Manage the joint health and safety committee;
- Participate in internal audits and reviews of ISO procedures;
- Participate in annual hazard analyses in collaboration with production and engineering;
- Implement and coordinate training sessions on workplace health and safety;
- Respond to everyday requests from employees regarding health and safety at the work site;
- Make daily rounds to detect OHS hazards.
This person will work jointly on the following tasks:
- Managing CNESST and disability files;
- Developing and communicating health and safety KPIs;
- Sitting on various committees within Siemens Canada;
- Managing personal protection supplies.
This person will be part of a team that shares tasks in support of production. They will assist members of their team with duties related to their role, such as recruiting and training. They will therefore get to work on a variety of tasks.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field;
- Certificate in OHS management (asset);
- Relevant OHS experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Advanced ability to identify OHS hazards;
- Excellent knowledge of French;
- Knowledge of English (asset);
- Leadership, initiative and autonomy;
- Strong communication skills and ability to identify and manage priorities.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.