- The DCS/MES Project Manager is responsible for the design, development, and management of customer projects, according to deﬁned Project Management (PM) standards and customer requirements, and with end-to-end responsibility for economic results, quality, schedule and EHS
- The DCS/MES Project Manager manages DCS/MES projects utilizing SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo, and Opcenter Execution Pharma (formerly known as "SIMATIC IT eBR") primarily in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage industries.
- The successful candidate will be able to translate customer requirements and sales strategies with cost eﬀective engineered solutions following the PM@Siemens processes.
- The DCS/MES Project Manager will be measured on solutions revenue, proﬁtability, innovation and customer satisfaction.
- The position reports to the Solutions Director within the Process Automation & Engineering Business
- The position will be based in Harleysville, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area) or Houston, TX. Special consideration may be given to other locations within proximity to key customer markets
- Designs and develops the project plan, including technical speciﬁcation, schedule, milestones and budget needed in the project.
- Coordinates resources and monitors and reports progress and milestones regularly to all stakeholders.
- Negotiates or contributes to negotiations with suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for meeting all project milestones and technical objectives.
- Monitors the budget adherence and takes actions to minimize non-conformance costs.
- Checks projects results, designs test plans and monitors test results.
- Ensures proper documentation of project results, and of all products or technologies delivered.
- Adheres to PM standards deﬁned, and coordinates all project assigned resources.
- Close collaboration with commercial project manager and ﬁnance team
- Manages clariﬁcation of customer requirements and speciﬁcations, during the request for proposal (RFP) and proposal.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS / BA or advanced degree in Engineering, Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful experience (5-8 years) leading complex projects with the ability to improvise, balance risks and handle unpredictable situations.
- Industry/Company recognized Project Management Certiﬁcation
- Excellent customer interfacing skills and negotiation skills are a critical part of this job.
- 8+ years’ experience in the process automation market
- Thorough understanding of the automation and manufacturing execution systems marketplace including market drivers, trends, customer needs and sales processes
- Expertise in interfacing automation systems with motor control centers, process instrumentation and drive systems.
- Experience working with engineering ﬁrms, construction managements companies and installation contractors
- This position requires up to 15% domestic and international travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PM@Siemens Certiﬁcation
- A DCS background in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food & Beverage industries
- A MES background in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food & Beverage industries
- Understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions and service portfolio
- Experience with distributed control systems and manufacturing execution systems including Siemens based systems (PCS 7, Opcenter Execution Pharma (formerly known as "SIMATIC IT eBR"))
- Experience with industrial networking, databases, and virtual architectures
- Ability to develop opportunity pursuit strategies and lead pursuit of complex opportunities across multiple sales organizations and companies (end users, engineering ﬁrms, systems integrators, etc.)
- Technical Consulting, Selling and Marketing Background
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.