- The DCS/MES Project Engineer is responsible for the execution of customer projects
- according to defined standards, engineering practices and customer requirements in the field of process automation under the direction of the assigned Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
- The DCS/MES Project Engineer executes DCS/MES projects utilizing SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo, and Siemens Opcenter Execution Pharma primarily in the Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Chemical and Food & Beverage industries.
- The DCS/MES Project Engineer will be measured on customer satisfaction, execution of work packages, skill development and maintenance, and utilization.
- The position reports to the Engineering Manager within the Process Automation & Engineering Business
- The position is located in Harleysville, PA. (Greater Philadelphia Area)
- Understand user requirements using P&IDs, process description and/or existing control logic
- Understand and adhere to the software and/or hardware functional requirements
- Execute industry-specific solution concepts, packages and templates for engineering under the direction of the assigned Lead Engineer
- Maintain responsibility for his/her functional area during all project phases
- Supports the Lead Engineer with technical matters and regularly informs him/her about project progress
- Supports the Lead Engineer in the identification of project changes
- Participate in performing system installation and commissioning activities on site
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically 5+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Good customer interfacing skills
· Domestic Travel will be required approximately 30% of the time.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- DCS or MES background in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Food & Beverage industries, including Siemens based systems (SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo or Siemens Opcenter Execution Pharma)
- Fundamental understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions and service portfolio
- Experience with industrial networking, databases and virtual architectures
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.