The Service Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for managing small and medium sized field service projects, service contracts, and emergency field service requests related to the business systems and products. Working directly with the customer, Siemens’ sales, and Resource Management, the SPM drives customer satisfaction and improves Siemens’ competitive position through the reliable delivery of services to our customer base.
The job responsibilities include:
- Leading Customer Kick-Off Meetings
- Regularly communicating with customers regarding project status, resource availability and other service related needs
- Preparing change order quotations, and time and material estimates for service projects and emergency service requests
- Understanding contracted scope of work and allocated budget; defining and allocating required resources prior to equipment delivery
- Proactive and frequent communications with the Customer and Lead Field Service Representative working at the customer site
- Deliver projects consistently at or below budget
- Attending and participating in recurring operational review meetings
- Communicate to finance partners project cost, scheduled completion, and revenue forecasting on a monthly basis for all assigned projects
- Provide Lessons Learned feedback loop to the proposal team to improve business processes
- Ensures all project and service requirements are identified, understood, and satisfied throughout the order life cycle.
- Site Safety & Site Access requirements
- Technical Scope of Work
- Schedule requirements
- Budget constraints
- Purchase requirements for material and sub-contractors
- Change Order Management
Required Skills, Knowledge, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of direct service project management experience.
- Background in electrical power system equipment is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers
This is a fast paced, dynamic role which requires strong communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with others to ensure reliable delivery of services to Siemens’ customer base. The Service Project Manager (SPM) manages multiple active orders and therefore must be self-driven with the ability to monitor and control multiple orders in any given day.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.