Siemens Infrastructure, Building Products (SIBP) is looking for a Manager of Territory Sales – Fire Products to support our territory in the Northeast. This position provides sales support to the Fire Distributor channel (Value Added Partner channel) and is responsible for overall territory sales performance and sales target achievement. We are looking for someone to manage, support and grow the territory to achieve profitable growth and volume projections. This person will report to a National Sales Manager and have no direct reports.
- Independently manages assigned distributors (Value Added Partners) to achieve annual business plans within given territory on non-installed parts shipments through authorized distributors.
- Successfully identifies and adds new distribution partners in geographic and vertical markets.
- Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned markets to achieve profitable growth and volume requirements.
- Conducts ongoing sales calls to distributors, specifying engineers, contractors and end users. With distributors, develops annual marketing plans and reviews quarterly.
- Continually monitors competitive activity in all channels and communicates relevant information to the appropriate personnel as needed.
- Assists product managers with new product roll outs including training, supporting documents, competitive activity/ responses, test sites, focus groups, promotions and all other relevant issues.
- Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional meetings, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Continue to pursue in-depth product knowledge and to deepen selling, technical, financial and management skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
All qualified candidates MUST have the following:
- 5 plus years’ experience selling in the Fire Life Safety Industry.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- A good mix of Account Management and New Business Development Skills - 60% Account Management and 40% New Business Development.
- Candidate will sell to and support the Fire products VAP Channel (Value Added Partners / Distributors).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous territory /channel management experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.