We are Global Business Services CZ, one of the largest centers in the Siemens world. From our Czech hub we provide different types of services including expert ones to over 330 entities across Europe and the globe by 1.500+ professionals. We experience dynamic teams speaking 27 languages and employing 20% international staff. Working both locally and globally, we strive to make our services better every day.
As we extend our business, we are looking for candidates with various areas of specialty to join our procurement department in Prague/Ostrava for the position of Project Procurement Manager vertical IT.
Mission of the role
Regional procurement expert in respective commodity who is locally embedded in product line and business to elaborate and implement strategies based on global commodity strategy.
Creates and implements cost reduction programs and measures and interacts with local partners (R&D, EN, OP, PPM) and suppliers in order to ensure the success in the respective product line/ business field.
Your tasks would be:
- manage project procurement in vertical IT and foster cross-functional alignment within area of responsibility
- define and implement commodity and pooling strategies for responsible material field and project to meet product cost and CNI targets
- contract management in cooperation with legal department
- provide and ensure transparency on cost structures and spends in own area of responsibility
- define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximize savings. Prepare and conduct negotiations
- release of shopping carts
- drive local / product specific approaches for supplier scouting and supply base development in alignment with global commodity strategy
- act as strategic procurement interface to projects, other departments and ensure local implementation of global commodity strategy
- utilization of eProcurement tools (eAuction / eBidding) if applicable
- supplier management: selection, qualification, evaluation and development
- perform market trend analysis and its utilization into commodity strategy
What we require:
- technical / SW background
- strategic procurement / project procurement experience
- orientation in technologies
- strategic thinking and analytical skills
- focus on software as a service technologies subscription model
- cost & risk management skills
- good communication skills as they will be required to collaborate with cross functional partners
- fluent language skills in English, spoken and written, knowledge of German as advantage
We can offer you:
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery schools in Prague and Ostrava for work life balance
- an individual budget of min. 24,000 CZK which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and/or life insurance
- e - meal vouchers or contribution to company canteen
- possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- various discounts and offers
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time