Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Technical Excellence Manager to join their Healthcare Diagnostics business based at the well-established and modern facility in Llanberis, located next to Snowdonia National Park. The facility manufactures and distributes reagents for in-vitro diagnostic medical devices used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
You will manage a team who look after the improvement of testing and manufacturing variability associated with IMMULITE products. You will ensure the application of scientific and statistical principles and systematic processes to identify, collect and analyse testing and manufacturing data to identify root cause and determine appropriate solutions.
This is a new role, managing a new team. There's a great opportunity to make a real difference to the business and IMMULITE product manufacturing.
- To lead a team responsible for the improvement of testing and manufacturing variability associated with IMMULITE products
- To ensure the application of scientific and statistical principles and systematic processes to identify, collect and analyse testing and manufacturing data to identify root cause and determine appropriate solutions. Toolset to include HPS, Lean, 6-Sigma
- To ensure the appropriate data analysis, data presentation, planning, technical protocols and reporting is in place for each improvement activity .
- To drive implementation of lower complexity solutions and ensure escalation of higher complexity solutions contains adequate supporting information for prioritisation and progression
- Manage performance by providing regular feedback, coaching, development and learning opportunities to enable employees to reach their full potential using appropriate procedures and management tools
- Using Key Performance Indicators, Targets, Budget and Procedural information, plan for and engage appropriate resources to achieve objectives to the highest quality and cost effectiveness. Identify those activities which are not proceeding to plan and take action to remedy the situation.
- To ensure that you and all staff responsible to you comply with all company Health and Safety policies and procedures. To highlight any real or potential Health and Safety issues to management in a timely manner and assist in actioning their decision.
Skills & Experience:
- Detailed knowledge and experience in Immunoassay/manufacturing at management or supervisory level from within industry
- Familiar with statistical analysis and design of experiments and have good PC skills (e.g. MS Office, Minitab)
- Evidence of experience in project management and project delivery, including process improvements/ application of Lean/6-sigma
- Post graduate or graduate in a science discipline
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems
Being part of our team:
In Llanberis, Siemens Healthineers is the sole manufacturer of IMMULITE reagents, used in IMMULITE blood analysers to aid the diagnoses and treatment for patients – more information can be found here.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time