Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Technical Excellence Scientist to join their Healthcare Diagnostics business based at the well-established and modern facility in Llanberis, located next to Snowdonia National Park. The facility manufactures and distributes reagents for in-vitro diagnostic medical devices used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
You will lead projects for the improvement of testing and manufacturing variability associated with IMMULITE products. Apply scientific and statistical principles and systematic processes to identify, collect and analyse testing and manufacturing data to identify root cause and determine appropriate solutions.
- To lead projects and project teams responsible for the improvement of testing and manufacturing variability associated with IMMULITE products
- To apply scientific and statistical principles and systematic processes to identify, collect and analyse testing and manufacturing data to identify root cause and determine appropriate solutions. Toolset to include HPS, Lean, 6-Sigma
- To carry out the appropriate data analysis, data presentation, planning, development of technical protocols and reporting for each improvement activity
- To communicate and collaborate with colleagues across sites and functions to deliver agreed projects to planned dates
Skills & Experience:
- Post graduate or graduate in a science discipline
- Knowledge and experience in Immunoassay/manufacturing from within industry
- Able to communicate technical information both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems
- Familiar with statistical analysis and design of experiments
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean/6-Sigma principles and tools and their application
Being part of our team:
In Llanberis, Siemens Healthineers is the sole manufacturer of IMMULITE reagents, used in IMMULITE blood analysers to aid the diagnoses and treatment for patients – more information can be found here.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time