We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
In this exciting position, you are responsible for the strategic procurement activities for plastic parts in the plant Zug. Your focus will be on the efficient execution of daily work (ensure factory supply by supporting escalations and stakeholder coordination) and the implementation of the commodity strategy (managing your supplier portfolio, driving sourcing decisions and generating levers for negotiations). Your main stakeholders will be Global Commodity Manager, Cross-functional partners – such as Quality, R&D and Manufacturing – as well as Suppliers.
Within the defined SCM-guidelines, you live and breathe ownership by driving and making decisions.
Your new responsibilities
- Implement Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials in alignment with your Commodity Manager
- Apply and use globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems)
- Prepare and conduct negotiations alone and in teams for low to high Purchasing Volumes to obtain highest feasible savings, improve Terms and Conditions or renewing frame contracts
- Conduct eRfQs for injection molded plastic parts including their molds, produce offer comparisons on Total Cost of Ownership (ToCo) basis and facilitate cross-functional conducted Sourcing Decisions
- Generate, document and implement savings in respect to ToCo, e.g. “Contribution to Net Income”; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPIs to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
- Support Supplier Management processes (qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification)
- Update supplier evaluation systems to introduce and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency on quality, logistic, commercial, technical and sustainability performance
- Closely collaborate with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement
Your skills and experience
- Experience in the strategic procurement of custom-designed parts, ideally a long procurement record in plastic parts or casted/molded parts
- Track record of commercial and contractual expertise, paired with analytical thinking, strong initiative and negotiation skills, ideally in-depth experience with Total Cost of Ownership calculations
- As an alternative to the commercial background, you have experience in Design, Technical Sales or Quality Management of molded/casted parts or the molds themselves and a strong interest in negotiation and strategic planning
- Successful record of cross-functional collaboration and assertiveness in complex matrix organizations
- Flexible and self-starting working style and willingness to travel occasionally to suppliers mainly in Switzerland, Germany and China
- Knowledge in MS-Office package, interest in new software tools and willingness to shape digitalization in your field of action
- Business fluent in German and English and the ability to "read drawings" are must-haves
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work.
Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either