Siemens Mobility Limited have a great opportunity for an Engineering Test Manager to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS, we deliver network and security solutions to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network for railway stations, SCADA systems, signaling systems, telephony systems, backbone communication networks / bearer network, network security and other cyber security systems. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role is for an Engineering Test Manager to lead a team of SCADA, SISS and System test and commissioning engineers with the Rail environment. The role will bring together the different functions, from the ongoing SCADA, developing SISS market, collaborative system integrated testing. This is an all en-compassing role, from defining the required competence, personnel and resourcing the areas within the test documentation, FAT, SAT & SIT and project closeouts. Developing and mentoring upcoming resource will be integral to this. This role would suit somebody, who understands the testing world, and enjoys the challenge of continued successful delivery. This person must be capable of building and maintaining strong communication links with the customers’ specialists and delivery partners and collaborate internally with the respective engineering groups, and the project delivery teams.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- This role will lead/plan/manage a team of Global SCADA, SISS, System Test Engineers and commissioning, where they will led and develop a professional, delivery focused team embedding a culture of continuous improvement and business efficiency.
- Support the resource managers for staff recruitment, development, and training activities to meet current and future business needs
- Specify and undertake competence management, ensuring that testing staff (Siemens or sub-contract) have the necessary licenses and competencies to undertake testing activities
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle as related to test and commissioning.
- Deliver and ensure test and commissioning tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements, this is inclusive of policy, standards, and methodology.
- Operates as a specialist and consultant on all aspects of testing/bidding and gives advice to both client/user and management to determine the most appropriate testing strategies for complex projects within the constraints and operational requirements of the organisation.
- Encourage creativity and innovation within their teams
- Support preparation, justification, negotiation, and management of Cost Centre budgets
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in all work. Support and comply with organisational initiatives.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Preferable- IRSE License in relevant category (e.g. Test Manager, Telecoms) or ITSQB-BCS Advanced Test Manager (desirable)
- Proven success leading, motivating, managing and delegating to a team of professional engineers with an engineering background and previous management experience in a relevant SCADA, SISS and System engineering environment, inclusive of Safety Critical and Safety Related systems.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which will include night working, weekend working and/or Bank Holiday working.
- Expert in business process improvement, testing and of all testing events throughout the development lifecycle and proven ability to think and act commercially
- Skilful communicator with excellent ability to build relationships at all levels and communicate well with a wide range of Stakeholders, internal and external client groups and employees
- Demonstrates ability to inspire others to achieve Siemen’s objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Full UK Driving licence
- Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
- Proven experience providing estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to test and commissioning resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Network Rail Personal Track Safety competency.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time