Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Data Analytics Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Data Analytics Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a global coding library using LOINC, MedDRA and WHO coding dictionaries
- Defining a process to utilize Meta Data Repository (MDR) when designing standard and device-specific eCRF's (electronic Case Report Forms)
- Extracting datasets using either Python, R or SAS from electronic data capture (EDC) systems to provide to Biostats for downstream analysis
- Developing reports to support study monitoring, data cleaning and verifications of data quality
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Experience within Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Currently enrolled and completing your Bachelor’s (rising juniors/seniors) or Master’s degree
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual environment
- Must be available to work on a part-time basis (up to 20 hours/week) during the academic year and on a full-time basis (up to 40 hours/week) during the summer (January 2022 – August 2022)
Start Date: January 2022; 8-month duration.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
- Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
- Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.