Siemens Mobility Limited have a great opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS, we deliver network and security solutions to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network for railway stations, SCADA systems, signaling systems, telephony systems, backbone communication networks / bearer network, network security and other cyber security systems. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
The Senior Design Engineer (SCADA) leads the specification, development and deployment of solutions within the SCADA business and continually refines best practice. These solutions will promote maximum re-use of previously deployed applications, assisting the bid and engineering teams in their need to offer and provide cost efficient systems.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Act as Lead Engineer on SCADA projects.
- Provide technical support for SCADA Projects within the business.
- Work in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts to determine the most appropriate compliant and cost-effective options for deployment to projects.
- Provide Engineering support during the bid process, ensuring maximum re-use of previously deployed solutions.
- Provide estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Deliver assigned activities within agreed timescales and budgeted costs.
- Ensure products and projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
- Maintaining and developing your own professional competence.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- Proven experience in delivering SCADA Designs for complex projects to the Rail market.
- Acting as Team Leader for a team of engineers to design and deliver complex systems.
- Proven experience using requirements management tools.
- Proven experience in the use of configuration management and change control tools.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- Developing towards a Chartered Engineer or equivalent status.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering processes at all stages of the engineering life-cycle.
- Experience in providing estimates for engineering projects and tenders.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time