Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic sales professional for our Mechanical Services team. The primary responsibility of this role is to grow Siemens market share by delivering smart mechanical services that help our customers reduce operating cost, improve uptime, and provide a comfortable and healthy indoor environment. In this position, you will achieve booking and profit goals by developing and implementing plans to grow, develop, and manage end-user relationships; capitalize on sales opportunities within the territory; and win opportunities independently within our established guidelines.Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, competitor offerings, customers, and decision influencers across the region, segments, and verticals within the region. Keep current on mechanical market business and industry trends.
- Develop a geographic and vertical market account management plan that focuses on strategic growth. Identify new business opportunities to grow in new markets or adjacent segments and develop “go to market” strategies to drive business to the standard construction channel and the end user customer.
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities. Achieve new order/booking and profit goals. Deliver on forecasted results consistently.
- Estimate and propose mechanical service agreements and HVAC retrofit projects.
- Maintain customer relationships and grow existing service agreements by proposing additional customer-valued services from the comprehensive Siemens portfolio.
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
- Partner with other sales division teams to plan, target, and acquire new projects and accounts.
- Attend industry-specific networking events; actively participate in professional organizations such as ASHRAE, AEE or USGBC to build a network of contacts and to represent Siemens in the market.
- Work with owners to create design-build retrofit projects.
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers, leveraging Siemens world-class smart mechanical services as a key differentiator.
- Work jointly with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business goals and success metrics.
- Develop value-based proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources to obtain the sale.
- Follow through on sold service agreements and projects to ensure satisfactory performance. Ensure a smooth sales-to-operations turnover, and monitor project execution. Assist in resolving installation, collections, and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars to stay knowledgeable on current market, business, and product trends.
- Travel overnight up to 10% for training and business development.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred; candidates with a high school diploma along with at least 10 years of HVAC service industry experience will also be considered
- 8+ years of experience in technical sales, business development, or consulting within the HVAC industry or 10+ years of field mechanical service operations experience
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local building market such as building owners, maintenance contractors, and mechanical industry subcontractors is strongly desired
- Experience in the life sciences, healthcare, education, data center, commercial office, and government facility vertical markets preferred
- Financial expertise to estimate and sell technical service agreements and retrofit projects effectively and independently
- Account development and strategic sales skills preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Possess a valid driver's license in good standing
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.