- The successful candidate will be a technical leader in a dynamic environment as part of an R&D team developing ultrasound catheters, associated assemblies, and tooling. Responsibilities include:
- Lead engineering efforts and take responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects related to ultrasound catheters, components, and processes.
- Design systems, sub-assemblies, components applying best practices in design for manufacturing for catheters.
- Effectively communicate with the team to integrate and apply best design practices with new innovation.
- Conduct independent technical investigations and analysis of component or processes, applying a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles.
- Generate design specifications and product requirements.
- Interact with suppliers to ensure procurement of quality components needed for your projects
- Optimize design for manufacturing and lead efforts for effective design transfer to manufacturing
- Collaborate with fellow team members to ensure effective documentation, including CAD database, risk management, protocols and reports.
- Lead and collaborate with team members for effective and high quality output in the CAD, prototype assembly, and testing sub-teams.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 15+ years experience in catheter engineering or related field
- Proven ability to lead the technical aspects of complex medical device projects
- Experience in the medical device industry developing Class III Medical Devices preferred.
- Experience writing risk analysis, verification plans, protocols, conducting verification testing, and compiling reports.
- Proven ability to lead technical teams with innovation, collaboration, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Domestic and international travel required, depending on Covid-19 restrictions (5-10%)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.