Are you open for challenges and eager to contribute to complex software supporting sustainable mobility solutions?
Do you want to develop software to make sure trains run safely throughout Belgium?
Well, we might have good news for you!
Siemens Mobility Belgium designs and develops the EBP (“Elektronische Bedieningspost”) rail control system. This real-time computer system is used by Infrabel in the signaling boxes to control and manage the signaling infrastructure.
We are looking for a Java Software Developer to join the team. You will analyze, design, document and implement features for the EBP program. You will also create technical documentation for the software modules and/or system and support the team by bringing added value in every aspect of the development cycle.
- You have a proven experience as Java developer (level D) and/or in C, C++.
- You have a good understanding of GIT and continuous integration tools and you have experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Strong knowledge of Typescript, Angular and Node.js, Python, Jenkins, Docker is appreciated.
- Knowledge in Maven, Spring boot and/or Linux are a plus.
- Understanding of API design (REST, RPC) is also an added value such as interest in lex, yacc, and/or awk.
Next to these hard skills, you are very meticulous and precise as the developed software will be used in operational systems which directly impact the railway traffic.
You feel comfortable in an agile scrum team or so-called squad. A squad team is a group of people willing to take ownership. You work closely together with your team mates to share and exchange information.
You are self-motivated, innovation minded and proactive.
You speak fluently Dutch or French and English.
Sounds good? Join us on an expedition towards a sustainable future and apply now!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.A. / N.V
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time