Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
In our railway signalling business unit and to work in cooperation with other Siemens Mobility countries we want to join our R&D department with a Software Developer for Diagnostic Systems
Main functions and responsibilities:
- Software development for specific Siemens solutions using the Java programming language and SQLite database manager.
- Assume assigned responsibilities during the entire software development cycle following the work plan and helping to fulfill it.
- Software verification activities including Test Specification and Report.
- Requirements management and traceability throughout the product life cycle.
- Working in an international and multidisciplinary development team.
- Innovation and research on new technologies applied to products.
- Software engineer (computer science, industrial engineer, telecommunications, etc )
- Minimum 5 years experience in SW devolpment
- Desirable experience in the development of applications for Railway Signaling Control systems
- Knowledge in JAVA programming language; other programming languages as C / C++ / Visual C will be valued.
- Knowledge of SW architecture, relational database and network communications.
- Knowledge of standard communication protocols such as OPC-UA, LDAP, SNMP,..
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, Synergy, RTC, GIT..
- Knowledge of requirements and traceability management tools (Doors, Confluence)
- Knowledge of SIL2 development techniques (CENELEC 50128:2011, CENELEC 50159, )
- Knowledge in cloud and container architectures, dockers / kubernetes and related tools.
It will be assessed:
- Knowledge of AGILE software development methodology (SCRUM) and related tools (RTC, Jira) will be valued.
- Knowledge of automatic testing and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, SonarQube) will be valued.
- IT Security knowledge (vulnerability testing, threat mitigation, authentication, access control, cryptography) will be valued.
- Knowledge of Java RMI and JMS messaging will be valued.
- Programming using code standards and following good development practices
- Ability to work effectively across multiple geographic locations.
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach
- Good level of technical English and Spanish, spoken and written.
- Exhaustive/meticulous/organized person
- A person with a spirit of innovation and with the motivation to develop research and development work in new technologies.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time