Siemens Mobility Limited have a great opportunity for a Tendering Manager to join our Rail Infrastructure, Electrification team in Coventry.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility is pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Electrification business provides rail power solutions to our clients. We operate across the full electrification discipline including consultancy and system modelling, early contractor involvement and outline design, detailed design, equipment design and manufacture, on site project delivery, commissioning, handover, and through life support to our clients. Our main focus is traction power systems, including substations, overhead line equipment, and distribution. Our product range includes the ASG 25 Air insulated Switchgear, which is designed, manufactured, built & tested in the UK. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed from our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in delivering the next generation of rail technology such as the Static Var Compensators & Static Frequency Converters, so this is the perfect time to join the business in the deployment of a new, exciting technology.Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role will lead the work winning function of the Electrification business. You will take ownership for the Bid Management function to deliver winning bids that meet the strategic aims of the business.
The role takes ownership of our opportunity pipeline, providing forecasts and strategic information to the senior management team. Working with the Business Development team, you will identify strategically important opportunities and develop suitable capture plans. You will forecast the bidding demand and structure your team to meet the demand, collaborating with other functions (such as engineering, project management, and commercial) to bring specialist resource to support bids as required.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Takes ownership of the pipeline of immediate bid opportunities (collaborating with the wider business, in particular the Business Development function, ensure pipeline quality), creating strategic capture plans for key opportunities.
- Opportunities include traditional contracts, frameworks, and alliance projects, using a variety of contracting mechanisms / forms. Opportunities range from high profile national infrastructure projects to smaller consultancy works.
- Is involved in the continual development of business strategy and helps to identify the opportunities within the pipeline that align to this business strategy.
- Builds and maintains a resource forecast based on the opportunity pipeline. This includes forecast of direct bid staff, but also forecast requirements for staff from around the business to support current and upcoming tenders.
- Establishes, manages, and reviews bid budgets for individual tenders, and the financial year.
- Creates and leads high performing bid teams.
- Direct line management of Bid Managers, with responsibility for supporting staff development.
- Ensures that all bids are created in accordance with internal processes and governance, including but not limited to, Limits of Authority (LoA), and PM@Siemens stage-gate process.
- Takes hands-on responsibility to lead high value and / or key strategic tenders in a Bid Manager role.
- Responsible for ensuring continual development and improvement of bid process and practise within the business.
- Reviews bids produced by the Bid Managers, arranging internal reviews with Senior Management in line with Siemens processes.
- Responsible for developing good customer relationships, attending client presentations at either pre or post qualification stages as required.
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need?
- Proven experience of Bid Management, in a senior capacity, within the UK rail industry, or other construction / infrastructure industry.
- Proven experience in leading teams of people to deliver multiple bids within a business unit.
- Experience within a commercial and a technical environment.
- Good understanding of contract forms and their application in a project environment.
- Excellent written communication, with the ability to produce convincing and well written bid responses.
- The role holder will have the ability to influence, negotiate, and have excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation, time management and organisational skills.
- Proficient in all main Microsoft Office packages.
- 26 days holiday, growing to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, bonus, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time