What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Sustainability is a key business growth lever for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. The Sustainability Head is responsible for developing the solutions & service strategy, value propositions and commercialization plan that incorporates our Smart Infrastructure portfolio that helps our clients meet their Sustainability goals and achieving net zero. This individual should be capable of actively participating in and influencing cross functional teams governing the Smart Infrastructure (SI) portfolio and go to market strategy. Relationship development with key industry organizations and end user clients at Executive level and the regional sales, and marketing organizations is needed to clearly understand customer needs and translate those needs into actionable requirements, For sustainability, be able to support all sales channels and business units regarding our portfolio, solutions and service offerings. Active engagement, support of, and strategizing with regional/Business Unit leadership is critical to the success of this role.
The Sustainability Business Head reports to the Head of Vertical Markets Americas. Business development and collaborating with the sales channels is critical for the success of this role. The individual is a key interface to the regions, zones, key opinion leaders, Industry organizations and interacts with all members of the Business Unit, Business Management, Product /Solutions Portfolio Management, Marketing, and Marketing Communication to achieve the objectives of the business. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for successful interaction with members of all Business Unit functions to achieve objectives. This role actively engaged in the market to understand the competitive environment, anticipates market trends and demands, understand our key client stakeholder challenges, and develop use cases with proof points.
Scope of the position:
- Develop solution/service strategies, value propositions and use cases that incorporate SI portfolio to support our customers on achieving net zero and their sustainability goals, resulting in increased profitability.
- Knowledge and understanding of the how the building operates and the systems that support its operation including power distribution and HVAC.
- Manages cross functional teams and/or work efforts within own organization. This is an individual contributor role.
- Create specific customer messaging and value propositions for target customer segments.
- Collaborate with external agencies and internal colleagues to create impactful promotional materials that include market data and country sales and marketing input.
- Directs and conceptualizes the development of new products & solution sets within the business that are innovative, meet standards and profitability.
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Develop and manage key opinion leaders; identify and respond to trends impacting customers and markets.
- Identify and respond to competitors' strategies.
- Provide input and oversight to creation of sales enablement materials for sales and marketing to maximize execution of the business plan and ensure achievement of the business objectives.
- BS in related discipline is required. Advanced degrees are desirable.
- Knowledge of sustainability and decarbonization as it relates to commercial and industrial buildings.
- Minimum 10 -15 years of successful in a directly related field and successful demonstration of scope of the position described above.
- Previous sales or marketing success in this or similar business environment.
- Conceptual creativity.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong leadership capability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to drive results in a complex and difficult customer environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30%- 50% of the time, both domestic and international
- Applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.