Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Construction Systems/Project Management Intern.
Siemens Healthineers, Solutions Implementation is looking for outstanding candidates to participate in our internship program. This unique internship opportunity will allow you to gain valuable experience while supporting the logistics, planning, delivery and installation activities for medical imaging equipment planned for OSU Wexner Medical Center.
Working with a Siemens Senior Project Manager you will:
- Perform project site visits to secure measurements, review quotas, and review key factors such as power requirements with the customer
- Complete Cost Assessments and other documentation required to facilitate quoting, scheduling, and room planning
- Assist in communicating project schedules and updates to customers, customer’s contractors, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Perform routine site visits to monitor project progress
- Help identify and mitigate risks that may impact project schedules and completion dates
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- You are currently enrolled in Construction Systems Management major and be a rising junior or senior
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to attend construction/customer meetings across OSU campus
- Must be local to OSU/Columbus, OH area
- Please note for this customer-facing position, Siemens Healthineers requires proof of full vaccination for COVID-19
- Must be available to work full-time (up to 40 hours/week) during the summer. If the internship is extended, you must be available to work part-time (up to 20 hours/week) during the academic year.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of construction industry practices (electrical, plumbing, structural, HVAC)
- Working knowledge using AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite of applications
Start date: May 2022; 3-month duration (possibility of extension)
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.