This role includes the buying activity for various Product Families that are supplied and shipped globally from other Siemens Affiliates around the world. The Supply Chain is set up as a drop ship business, where the majority of orders for the US Region are processed and shipped directly from the suppliers to the end customer. This end-to-end process from customer order to on-site delivery is part of the responsibility of this role and is closely monitored by delivery performance metrics. This position closely involves the collaboration between sales support and the factories to support the demands from the Market. This is a fast-paced environment, requiring multi-tasking, customer focus and process orientation.
- Daily execution and review of the delivery report to ensure timely confirmation of orders
- Daily creation of purchase orders for all open requirements
- Closely work with Sales Support and Channel Partners on change orders and escalations
- Weekly Supplier meetings to discuss open orders and supply chain impacts
- Participate in monthly Sales & Operations Meetings to review the forecasts for various products
- Monitor and support local inventory positions to ensure on time delivery
- Ensure proper vendor invoicing and closure of backlog
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 2 - 5 years of experience as a buyer
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or another related field or equivalent in work experience
- SAP knowledge
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.