Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens Digital Industries is looking to significantly expand the market share of our Automation Products and Solutions with a focus on Process Automation in the Oil and Gas and emerging Hydrogen market in Canada. Applicants must be able to demonstrate proven sales success in the Process Industry with a focus on Process Control (DCS, Instrumentation, Networks, Analysis). The successful candidate will be required to work closely with our direct, indirect national and international sales experts to increase market share at our existing and prospective customer base. Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation leader in Automation and Digitalization in the industry and the successful applicant will be expected to develop a sales strategy that will grow market share exponentially in the short to medium term.
- Sales Consultant/Business Developer for the Hydrogen and Oil and Gas market within Siemens Digital Industries with a focus on Automation. You will be responsible for identifying and developing customer opportunities and converting them into successful solutions at target customers across Canada.
- You will be responsible to increase share of wallet for selected relevant key customers (including relevant sales partners / integrators/ OEM) based on the Siemens Digital Industries portfolio of products, systems, solutions, and services.
- The successful candidate must be able to pair Process control market knowledge with digital applications, manufacturing execution systems, and an automation centric portfolio of solutions to deliver actionable steps to increase Siemens Digital Industries market share.
- The Sales Consultant must be comfortable working in a matrix organization, coordinating with various other groups including, engineering, sales, and marketing while ensuring communication with the Siemens global Automation organization.
- The Sales Consultant/Business Developer will be measured on Siemens Process Automation portfolio growth, customer pipeline development and new customer conversions in the Hydrogen and Oil and Gas market. The position will report to the Regional sales lead Western Canada.
What will you do?
- Sales and business development activities for the entire Siemens Process Automation and digitalization portfolio to deliver increased market share.
- Deliver a measurable increase in lead (Pipeline), & enquiry generation which can be addressed by the Siemens Digital Industries portfolio.
- Match Siemens offerings to customer needs in digital applications, manufacturing execution systems and automation applications in both the process and discrete manufacturing and R&D environments.
- Position Siemens as a thought leader in the Oil and Gas and Hydrogen business through industry association and active event participation.
- Educate internal and external personnel on Siemens Digital Industries portfolio with respect to features, benefits, and value propositions for the Oil and Gas and Hydrogen markets.
- Work with marketing, sales and engineering teams to maximize solution offerings locally and in close cooperation with the Siemens global Process Automation team.
- Identify market trends, customer needs and competitive advantages and use this knowledge to grow Siemens Digital Industries portfolio market share.
- Build and maintain a stable network with customer Management and subject matter experts in the Oil and Gas and Hydrogen market.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering in electrical / automation disciplines.
- 5+ years’ experience in Process Automation market in a business development position.
- Subject matter expertise of the oil and Gas market segment.
- Emerging Digital Application Trends including Cloud Technologies, Software as a Service Concepts, Digital Process Twins, Apps for Manufacturing, Simulation, and networking/ Cyber/OT concepts.
- Proven experience in developing business and meeting targets in new/emerging markets with a focus on Distributed Control Systems, PLCs, Industrial networking, Process instrumentation and Gas Analytical products and solutions.
- Experience working with End Users, OEMs, integrators and EPCs, especially in the Oil and Gas markets.
- Understanding of the Siemens industrial products, solutions, and service portfolio.
- This position requires up to ~30% travel.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present effectively in person ,or using remote media tools.
- Excellent language skills, fluent in speaking and writing in English with a preference to applicants with French / English bilingual skills.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.