We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
The Manager, Regulatory & Engineering Governance is responsible for managing all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Engineering Governance of Siemens Canada Limited, while ensuring that all entities (Operating Companies, Business Units & Support Functions) comply with applicable provisions and requirements. Additionally, the Quality Coordinator is responsible for overseeing Corporate Quality programs such as but not limited to product-safety, technical-regulations (TR&S) & standards, non-conformance management, problem-solving (Root-Cause-Analysis & Corrective-Action).
- Ensure that all QMS-Documentation (i.e.: Policies, Procedures, SOPs, Work-Instructions, etc.) are properly maintained and readily available via the prescribed Document-Management System.
- Oversee the Internal Audit Program (i.e.: Auditor-Training/Certification, Scheduling, Reporting, etc.), while ensuring proper development/implementation of Corrective Action Plans.
- Oversee Engineering governance across Ontario and Canada
- Support Root-Cause & Corrective-Action activities by providing training, participating in Problem-Solving Sessions and monitoring Corrective-Action Effectiveness
- Ensure that Non-Conformance Costs are properly tracked, accurately reported, analyzed, and effectively managed.
- Support Risk & Internal Control Testing
- Help to define and drive strategic and operational Legal Department efficiency initiatives
- Develop and implement internal process guidelines, templates, tool kits, and assist with optimizing workflows within the Legal Department
- Assist in identifying and implementing Legal Department tools, including assessing legal technology software, to streamline new or existing practices and use the Legal Department budget more efficiently, as well as managing design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Monitor and coordination of outside counsel management (including engagement, instruction, billing and evaluation)
- Support the management of the Legal Department’s reporting obligations to relevant business partners, including litigation and risk & internal control (RIC) compliance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, support, service, business development, regulatory, IT, and finance, as well as various business units
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- PEO designation or in progress is required
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with Quality Management Systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Engineering governance and professional engineering association of Ontario (PEO) and all provinces and territories across Canada.
- Lead auditor or Internal auditor certification preferred
- Familiar with Engineering standards, processes and systems in line with professional engineering requirements.
- Project management ability and experience with Document Management Systems
- Experience providing system solutions to automate legal operations, including the identification and implementation of supporting processes.
- Proficient in the application of problem-solving (CAPA) tools (i.e.: 8D, Fishbone)
- Able to develop and present training-materials to large technical-personnel groups
- Experienced in Microsoft applications (i.e.: Excel, Word, Power-Point, etc.)
- Working knowledge of technical regulations & standards
- Proven organization & communication in a team-oriented environment
- Solution oriented, with a learning mindset and ability to understand the business and challenges, and implement new and innovative approaches that result in improvements in organizational performance
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.