Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Informatics Consultant.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Informatics Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Providing phone/email support for internal and external customers during installation and routine operation of Siemens laboratory Informatics products
- Consistent monitoring and accurate documentation utilizing the Customer Relations Software Tools in accordance with corporate and regulatory expectations
· Demonstrating a high level of technical expertise in clinical laboratory practices and workflow while supporting Informatics products.
· Developing expert knowledge of virtual systems, network infrastructure, remote access technologies, security concepts, and operational aspects of Siemens Informatics systems
· Serving as product expert while troubleshooting with regional field teams on complex problem identification and escalating to Headquarters Support Center (HSC) as necessary.
- Timely action on and ownership of open tickets/escalations to troubleshoot and resolve internal/external customer issues to the customer’s satisfaction, and if necessary, escalates issues to next level support
- Meeting/Exceeding individual service level metrics to meet the needs of the customer/business
- Compliance to all Siemens pay and T&E policies, as well as, all RSC Procedures/Processes
· Travel in support of regional field teams to provide on-site incident management and issue resolution (10-15% travel required).
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· You have knowledge of computer hardware: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters; Knowledge of memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS
· Knowledge of Linux OS
· Knowledge of MySQL
· You have knowledge of computer software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
· You have knowledge of Windows: XP; Windows7 Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management
· You have thorough knowledge and understanding of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory.
· You have knowledge of Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies.
· You have knowledge of Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases
· You have knowledge of Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Preferred candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in a science-related or engineering field, or 3-5 years equivalent experience with Healthcare IT
· 5-8 Years Technical experience preferred with DMS and Centralink, with a preference for direct Siemens field work experience and exposure to Healthcare IT and applications
· Certification in A+, Net+, Security+ or equivalent preferred
· Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; Routing; Packets; Subnets.
· Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers,
· This position is a remote position
· Working Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (ET)
JOB LOCATION: USA (Glasgow, Cary or Remote)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
For employees who are in customer facing roles or who come onsite regularly or occasionally, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 15th, 2021 or by your start date, whichever is later. Non-customer facing employees who are fully remote must be fully vaccinated before coming onsite for meetings or other purposes. If you need an accommodation for medical or religious reasons, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for either the medical or religious reasonable accommodation request form.
Additionally, you will be required to report your vaccination status using TrueNorth, a secure and confidential online third-party platform for collecting health data. Please access the TrueNorth platform and provide the required information before your start date
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.