Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our SI RMA team as a Project Design Engineer and join the rapidly growing Project Solutions team in Qatar. The position is a permanent contract - help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
You will be a Core Building Management System Project Engineer with a consistent track record in the design of Building Management system, Lighting Control System Automation Control Systems, Heating ventilation and Air-conditions controls and standalone control systems.
- The Project Design Engineer shall have a sound knowledge on Designing and project engineering for the BMS. Project engineering for core Building Automation control system and Building Management systems is a must and additional skillset on Lighting control system, Guestroom management systems and related ELV system for the integrations will be preferred
- Above all demonstrate good engineering skills, design skills and commercial acuity
- Be responsible for the design and project engineering process on multiple projects depending on size, type and complexity
- The right person will apply sound engineering principles in the development of design solutions and the production of project documentation
- The flawless individual will have strong design knowledge in Heating ventilation and Air-conditions system working operations, controls, sequences and operations. Knowledge in Executing electrical system and mechanical systems running concepts related to the Automation controls
- The capability to make BMS design with the right selection of the Controller, Sensors and Field components and crafting the complete BMS system architecture
- We are searching for the right individual having the talent to work through the project specifications, related specifications and BMS system relate drawings to generate the Data appoints schedule for the BMS
- Selecting the right cable for the requirement, Sizing the accurate BMS panels and components inside the BMS panel. Grouping of the controllers as per the project site location and completion of the design drawings with the auto cad team. Review of the Auto cads teamwork and endorsement of them
- The ability to Prepare and generate Compliance statements for the BMS systems – Preparing justifications of the product selected, attending the workshops with the consultant and partners for the approval of the document
- The knowledge to prepare the complete sequence of operations, Interface control documents of the Engineered system, with coordination with electrical mechanical and third-party systems
- The ideal person will have experience in -shop drawings, system architectures and panel engineering and design documents
- Provide direct instructions, mentorship and oversight of all tasks conducted by support engineers, CAD team and Planner assigned to conduct the respective projects
- Develop the skills of junior and intermediate engineers and designers
- Expertise in preparing and maintaining the Project Design engineering documents, technical reports, Engineering and as-built drawings, design reports, and client presentations are a must
- Able to grasp sophisticated concepts in limited time and make decisions while being mindful of long-term implications, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active
- Ensure effective coordination occurs with other fields such as Mechanical, Electrical and third-party interfacing systems
- Attend all coordination and progress meetings with Clients and Consultants and present options and solutions as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the project manager
- Detailed knowledge of local authority requirements and regulations and can acquire project related approvals from the Client / Consultants
- The ideal candidate would have the acuity to prepare project plans, provide weekly / daily update to the Client with help of planner, ability to provide project progress reports and updates
- This person will work with internal project management tools and systems for the updates. Project tools working experience
- Ability to collaborate closely with the procurement teams for ensuring the right engineered products are delivered with respect to customer timelines
- Knowledge on commercial and costing for the estimate of the project design. Ability to work on project cost variations and notices to clients if required
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Encouraged degree qualification in Electrical /Electronic or relevant
- 5 – 10 years demonstrated ability in the field
- BMS project Management expertise required
- Lighting Control System design expertise is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a can-do demeanor
- A good level of digital literacy with experience in related ELV systems and concepts of the Integrated building systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications working mainly with Excel, word and PowerPoint, MS projects
- Validated understanding of document production using Autodesk software and knowledge of BIM tools is required
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Communication with design teams (internal and external
- Valid Qatar Driving License will be added advantage
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time