Siemens Smart Infrastructure Distribution System covers a comprehensive end-to-end product and solution portfolio including packaging turnkey installation and commissioning, repair, including but not limited to medium and large power transformers, high voltage circuit breakers, medium and low voltage switchgear and breakers, motor control centers, and protection and control systems, power equipment center in all market verticals.
The Solution Engineer will be responsible for overseeing engineering submittals, required on key design contracts, and acts as the lead technical point of contact for the project team. A successful candidate will have experience reviewing customer specifications for their technical content, engaging with product teams (inside and outside), and overseeing the generation of an overall solution for a larger project. The Project Engineer will provide engineering and equipment subcontractor oversight, in close partnership with the overall Project Manager.
The Position is reporting to the solution engineering manager
- Review of customer specifications, commercial/technical documents, product requirements for key customer projects
- Prepare drawing packages, equipment submittals, testing specifications and other engineering-related documents
- Ability to generate a system one line diagram, and determine a technology offering that provides the best value solution to the Customer
- Ability to identify project risk and associated liability and understand how to mitigate the risk and liability
- Ability to present project solutions to Customers and assist with Customer specification development
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and adding new skills
- Integration of equipment in new and existing infrastructure
- Able to work within teams and product groups, internal and external
- Support project turnover activities to the project execution team
- Support process improvements, visibility, transparency, and accuracy wherever possible.
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical/structural engineering.
- 5-8 years of experience in a technical role; which may include, mechanical design, installation
- Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for LV and MV distribution equipment
- Experience and knowledge of relevant standards and codes such as IBC, IECC and state requirements are an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills with managing large engineering submittal packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
- Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments
- AutoCAD knowledge is required
- Revit knowledge is an advantage
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- PE license is an advantage
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.