Siemens Large Drives Applications Business is looking for a Customer Quality Engineer that will have the responsibility for resolving all customer-related quality and warranty problems post shipment. Problem resolution will involve individual and multi-functional 8D Root Cause Analysis teams to analyze data and use teaming and quality tools to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions. This position is also responsible for developing commercial field action plans to address fleet risk for management review and action. This position offers excellent exposure of problem resolution and change agent skills to all levels of management.
- Perform internal and customer-requested 8D Root Cause Analyses and Reporting
- Maintain and Continuously Improve the factory through reduction of Nonconformance Costs.
- Ensure efficient 8D RCA process through accurate reporting and management of overall process and ensure that
- Performs economic implication analyses, prepares reports of findings to internal and external customers, and carries out or facilitates complicated implementation and training assignments.
- Support reliability analysis and the Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) program.
- Support IMS Quality System programs to ensure system compliance to Siemens, Registrar, and Customer requirements.
- Perform IMS Quality System Internal Audits
- Support with Q-Methods like FMEA, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analytics, Risk Analysis etc to find sustainable problem solutions
- Identify, analyze, and supervise product and process related quality problems in the field. Provide feedback of the results of analysis to Sales (CRM), R&D (PLM), and Operations (SCM) (e.g. as part of FMEA or Design Reviews)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Technologies: Drive Technologies, reliability, fabrication and assembly technologies
- Methodologies- 8D / Root Cause Analysis & Reporting, Presentation Techniques, Team Facilitation, FMEA, Technical and Business Risk Analysis, Field & Quality Analytics
- Validated experience in Process / Product improvements and/or failure analysis
- Preferred Professional Knowledge- SAP, auditing, project management, supplier management, risk management, PLM SCM process, ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer is helpful.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
- BS in Engineering Discipline or advanced degree, Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- Typically 3-8 years of successful experience in related field
- Implementation of Quality Management Systems and Techniques, (QMST).
- Conducts semi-complex audits and/or surveys to determine acceptability of Quality controls.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.