As a DevOps Engineer you will have key responsibilities in planning, implementing, and operating DevOps infrastructure and processes in a cloud environment. You will also help application development teams and serve as a conduit to ensure that best practices in the areas of security, continuous integration and continuous delivery are met across organizations. You will be a subject matter expert on DevOps topics, and help define process and best practices accordingly.
· Develop and improve the tools and technologies that make up a continuous delivery software development pipeline.
· Support key pieces of DevOps cloud infrastructure and maintain a high level of availability.
· Consult directly with application teams and senior members of the team to help achieve success - specifically in areas of CI/CD, Containers, and cloud deployments. This might mean providing troubleshooting experience across a full stack or developing automation to keep the runtime environment updated with zero downtime.
· Scale systems in a sustainable fashion through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
· Continuing to learn and develop skills in a rapidly developing ecosystem.
· Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and distributed services layers.
· Experience implementing Continuous Integration / Delivery systems of large scale multi-language software development.
· Understanding of developing and releasing software into production using the AWS stack.
· Understanding of Containers and Kubernetes.
· Experience programming in Python, Go, and/or Bash.
And at least one of the below:
· 3yrs Linux system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentor-ship / training, and oversight.
· 1yrs with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS.
· 1yrs experience running large scale online systems built on AWS or similar cloud providers.
· Experience with administration of Kubernetes clusters in production.
· Experience with Infrastructure as Code, utilizing tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
You'd be a great fit if...
· You're excited to be part of a core group that defines standards for thousands of developers.
· You enjoy figuring out how to make implementing and meeting those standards easy for the developers.
· You're motivated by both open-ended challenges and practical it-just-needs-to-get-done code: whatever has the most impact.
· You're eager to learn from your teammates and have something to teach them as well.
· You may have a particular area of expertise but think of yourself as a generalist who likes to challenge yourself in new areas (and wants to work with a team that encourages you to do so).
1. Pune, India
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time