Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
What are my responsibilities?
- Very good knowledge in software architecture, design and development using C++ & Qt/QML.
- Ability to understand & derive high level conceptual ideas on technical design & implementation from the user requirements.
· Conceptualize, specify, architect and design industrial automation software application.
- Strong foundation in product development, software architecture, design, and coding of complex software systems.
- Ability to actively lead technical discussions with customers, partners.
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables that can be used as architectural runway by product development teams.
- Ability to quickly understand and learn new and emerging technologies and apply it in existing products.
- Ability to conceive ideas and prepare quick pre-development prototypes for internal review and to assess the technical feasibility of the use cases.
· Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns; Perform architecture reviews and assessments.
· Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
· Provide technical guidance to the team members.
· Ensure software meets all NFR requirements
- Should have passion to learn new technologies and keep updated with growing trends and industry practices.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· B.E/ B. Tech/ MCA/ M. Tech
· 8-12 years of software development experience
Desired Knowledge & Experience:
· Very good knowledge in software design and development using C++ & Qt/QML
· Strong experience in building high quality software architecture.
· Very good knowledge in Design principles & patterns, OS concepts & Data structures
· Strong knowledge of the latest C++11 standard and later.
· Expert in OOAD, Design Principles, Design Patterns and UML.
· Good knowledge on Unit Testing, Design Driven Development.
· Familiarity with language tools, such as Valgrind, GDB Debugger
· Conversant with typical software development processes / methodologies and exposure in working with multi-site global teams
· Exposure to Agile Framework, DevOps
Required Soft-skills & Other Capabilities:
· Drive and motivate team towards gaining business success in Industrial Automation / HMI.
· Strong Analytical and problem-solving Skills.
· Ability to decide in rapid environment and make priority calls based on situation.
· Excellent communication with global team interactions in an inter-cultural environment.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team context.
· Need to be a strong team player with very good networking skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time