Siemens Account Development Representatives work directly with selling teams, in an assigned region, to identify, penetrate, and cultivate new business opportunities. Execution of new business strategies will include research, cold calling, and advanced qualification. Team members will set meetings, schedule technical resources, track activity and proactively update selling teams on next steps for new and developing opportunities.
Team members will also be responsible for opening new accounts or new departments in existing customer base. Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Works under moderate supervision and usually receives detailed instructions on all work. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works under minimal supervision, receiving little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.This position must be highly proficient in communication and coordination with internal organizations. Stakeholders must understand the overall value proposition of the solutions they are selling and be able to quickly communicate the message. Success in the position depends heavily on building a trusted partnership with the local sales team to define a dynamic list of target accounts and agreement on upfront pursuit strategies.
Target account development and management:
- Prepare and setup for outbound daily calls and other pursuit strategies
- Conduct initial phone qualification and research on assigned target accounts to gather intelligence
- Build prospect interest in the products and services offered by Siemens PLM Software through web, social media, e-mail and primarily phone interaction
- Enrich and profile our databases (Eloqua and SalesForce) to identify new interest
- Systematically follow-up all target account activities to develop total qualified opportunities that produce an above average close rate
- This position requires an individual who is able to interact with a large variety of people: sales and marketing teams, customers, prospects and specialists from various industrial sectors and at different levels of responsibility including the executive level. Building relationships over the phone to develop business is essential.
The individual must be articulate and have story-telling ability
- Fearless and Persistence in cold calling new account targets
- Growing existing accounts in new divisions and qualifying new business prospects
- Proven ability to open doors, and build relationships at all levels in an organization
- Able to think creatively and apply new ideas to overcome objections and barriers
- Works well on a team and has strong communication skills
- Highly organized and can manage a large volume of opportunities
- Proficient in using CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Ability to research and quickly simulate information into action
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Inside sales and/or direct selling experience
- Engineering and or technical background is preferred
- Minimum 5 year related working experience is required
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time