We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Princeton, NJ!
In the role as a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Analyze and understand the Financial Reporting Guidelines to ensure the highest level of accuracy and compliance for Siemens Technology
- Understand Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) as they apply to government contracts, practices, and procedures
- Perform cost/price and price-to-win analyses and develop pricing templates and models to evaluate different strategies and "what-if” scenarios.
- Develop complex pricing strategies and perform risk and cash flow analysis.
- Ensure compliance with government contracting requirements, FAR, DCAA, other applicable regulatory bodies and policies/regulations, and contract finance requirements, and identify corporate solutions to meet compliance.
- Act as the financial reporting liaison for analyzing, reporting, and presenting financial forecasts/results to Finance Management and Business Leadership.
- Ensure continued approved status of business processes and systems required to do business with the US Government
- Assist in the resolution of questioned costs and noncompliance issues
- Understand and participate in Provisional Rate Development and Incurred Cost Submissions; must also drive the process to submit a compliant package to DCAA.
- Prepares and analyzes financial reports for sponsor BUs and segment management
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Liaise with the PM team in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care
- Monitor Budget vs actual on a monthly basis, report variances and proactively identify risks and drive appropriate mitigation initiatives
- Perform applicable requirements for month end activities, revenue management, risk contingency, and other topics associated to project accounts impacting financial statements
Qualified candidates will have:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in financial analyst, financial reporting, or similar experience
- Must have solid knowledge of general accounting principles and practices along with specific Federal contract accounting experience, GSA pricing/audits, cost accounting standards and FAR/DFARs knowledge.
- Competence in Finance, Accounting and Operational Business Performance metrics
- Demonstrated experience working with US government financial reporting requirements (i.e., contracts, practices, and procedures)
- Experience in preparing Incurred Cost and Provisional Rate Submissions.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, including U.S. GAAP, IFRS
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent analytical skills in financial modeling (Excel), pricing, preparing and presenting business cases.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under the pressure of stringent timelines and proposal deadlines.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work everyday, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.