Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Assistant Finance Manager to join our Accounting and Controlling team.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
This is a fixed term contract for 15 months. However, there is a possibility that the role will become permanent at the end of the contract. We would like someone to start in the role in November 2021.
This role is based from our offices in Surrey, but has flexibility to work from home.
- Ensure timely deliverables of month-end tasks including Esprit (HQ reporting tool) reporting for one Healthineers entity
- Support Head of Accounting & Controlling (HoA) during month-end closing process and preparation of monthly analytical review
- Assume active review of accounting transactions each month and accordingly prepare monthly reconciliations of all significant accounts within stipulated deadline for two Healthineers companies in GB&I
- Perform active role in managing external audit by co-ordinating with key stakeholders and external auditors (E&Y) for Healthineers companies in GB&I
- Prepare Statutory accounts in line with local GAAP (primarily IFRS) for two medium size entities and liaise with multiple stakeholders (e.g., E&Y, business heads, tax, pension, and legal colleagues) to complete this task.
- Assume responsibilities to deliver internal reporting pack (e.g., tax pack, transfer pricing) for Healthineers companies in GB&I and work closely with tax department to resolve queries
- Work on a number of automation/digitalisation projects within Accounting & Controlling department
- Support Head of Accounting & Controlling on internal process improvement projects for Healthineers companies in GB&I
- Assume responsibilities to support an upcoming SAP migration project (Spiridon to P58 system) for three HC GB&I entities
- Support HoA to resolve Spiridon issues in relation to reporting for two HC GB&I entities
- Support on Adhoc project/assignment/task, as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced in accounting & controlling/finance organization with a good understanding of diverse business models and financial drivers & processes of business
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with qualification in a formal, recognised, finance accreditation – e.g., Part-qualified ACCA, ACA from ICAEW, CIMA with experience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills is advantageous.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse
workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage
applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss
flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time