SCM Specialist Professional (Buyer/Planner), Manufacturing, Point of Care (POC) Walpole
The primary responsibility is as a key member of the Walpole Manufacturing team and will lead in the planning & procurement of materials to support the manufacturing of Blood Gas Sensors. The Buyer/Planner is responsible for planning and executing assigned purchasing & sourcing related activities to procure raw materials & finished goods as well as managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements. Will determine material requirements and maintain inventory at planned levels and continue best practice procurement process. This position is based in Walpole, MA and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased component, to meet production schedules.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with SAP requirements.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments internally between functions and externally with suppliers.
- Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems
- Utilize statistical methods, such as Re-Order Points, and best practices for FG inventory planning.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience: Minimum 5+ years of purchasing and/or planning experience in Life Science or Medical Device industry or:
Education: A minimum of a 4-year degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline or related field
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- APICS preferred
- Certification in CPIM or CSCP a plus
- Strong analytical skills combined with practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships across various functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SAP.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.