Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
The role of Vertical Market Manager will be a highly motivated individual and key contributor to the growth of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure business for the Americas. This person will be the subject matter expert in the vertical market domain. The incumbent will develop the marketing strategy that aligns with the goals and objectives of the Data Center business. This includes but is not limited to go-to-market, competitive analysis, identifying portfolio gaps based on customer’s needs, use case development, understanding personas and creating value propositions, content development and thought leadership.
The incumbent should have experience driving cross functional teams within the organization to inform the development of marketing strategy. Ability to influence without authority is key. This position will report to the Head of Data Centers and interact in a matrixed organizational environment.
Directs all activities and program elements to include:
- Development of overall Vertical marketing strategy, including identification, development and execution of targeted programs to drive revenue growth
- Scan market to identify and analyze industry trends and technology advancements; identify opportunities to drive innovation
- Analyze the competitive market to identify new threats and opportunities; provide recommendations based on fact-based research and business case development
- Develop customer segment (vertical market) business strategies; develop and deliver marketing programs to support strategies
- Understand and leverage Voice of the Customer to drive strategy, portfolio roadmap and program development
- Manage and execute complex primary and secondary research projects to determine customer satisfaction levels, customer expectations, market conditions, company image and effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Develop strong content to drive thought leadership activities
- Develop and articulate value propositions for personas
- Engage with and form partnerships with various industry associations
- Annual marketing planning and budgeting
- Expert understanding and application of marketing concepts, methods and tools
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or other related field, advanced degree preferred
- 8 + years’ experience in marketing or marketing support
- Experience in leadership roles
- Big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality; highly creative
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in developing compelling business cases, including financial justifications
- Strong customer focus: ability to develop customer specific value propositions
- Ability to build effective relationships as well as persuade others to action to drive results
- Strong program / project management skills with excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Experience in marketing solutions and services in a B2B environment is a plus
- Travel approximately 20% or less
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.