The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Rolling Stock and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for a dynamic user-interface/experience (UI/UX) designer who will be responsible for the user experience and user interface design of our various digital products and solutions. The UI/UX designer will be responsible to understand the business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes. The UI/UX designer will also be expected to ensure all elements of the user experience are optimised for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design in accordance with user’s feedback. The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
What are my responsibilities?
- Creating user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, and user feedback
- Translating business requirements, into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces
- Mapping user flows, create wireframes and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and design ideas
- Designing UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design to enhance user experience
- Collaborating effectively with cross-disciplinary teams of business stakeholders, product managers, engineers, business analysts, developers and management teams
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a degree/diploma in Design, Fine Arts, Engineering or related field
- Minimally 5 years of experience as a UI/UX Designer as well as a strong portfolio of related projects
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- You are proficient in prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, etc.
- You pay strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics
- You have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time