We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
We are seeking an experienced software development engineer to develop software solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Develop Web-based applications and components in variety of programming languages according to the contributed project environment,
- Optimizing application development by employing design patterns, good practices and by reusing proved solutions,
- Participating and supporting all software related activities (e.g. reviews, technical discussions, unit tests, and process improvements),
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in complex software development projects,
- Strong hands-on experience in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and software development principles,
- Proficient in software application development in microservices architecture,
- Proficient understanding of Angular (Angular2+), TypeScript and hands on experience on working and integrating front end applications with RESTful Applications,
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language as C# and familiarity of the ASP.NET CORE framework, design/architectural patterns such as Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Single-Page Application (SPA),
- Experience in designing, developing, testing, documenting, and monitoring software applications for web-based/cloud platforms,
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of clean and well documented code.
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Experience or interest in Domain Driven Design concepts,
- Experience with Relational and/or NoSQL Database technologies,
- Knowledge on different Amazon Web Services (S3, Lambda, etc.),
- Knowledge on continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts,
- Experience with common identity management services and integrations,
- Experience with message brokers,
- Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts,
- Experience in unit testing and other test types as well as enthusiasm for automated testing,
- Understanding of security concepts regarding web-based development.
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs.
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time