We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
What are my responsibilities?
- Be the contributing member of a software development team as the domain guide for power systems and power protection engineering
- Master the usage of PSS® CAPE and give consultancy upon request of internal customers
- Provide accurate domain know-how to global software development teams in order to contribute in critical tasks, even decisions.
- Develop and implement detailed phasor-based models of protective devices in the PSS®CAPE software environment, primarily for modern digital relays and reclosers.
- Work on and organize efforts for time quoted projects regarding power system modeling and protection coordination utilizing PSS®CAPE.
- Taking ownership in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with a special talent and interest in power system modeling, power system protection applications, and software development. M.Sc./Ph.D. degree in relevant areas is an asset.
- At least five years of professional working experience, preferably in relevant areas.
- Power System knowledge covering symmetrical components, short circuit analysis, power system protection coordination analysis
- General transmission and distribution network knowledge such as: types of power system components (lines, transformers, etc.), power grid construction and design experience
- Protection relay software experience (such as DIGSI etc.) from different relay vendors.
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Basic understanding of software development and programming concepts
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Knowledge in designing and developing software applications for web-based or cloud platforms,
- Programming skills on one or more of the following languages: C++, Python, .NET Core.
- Basic understanding of agile software development concepts
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time