With over 2,400 research operatives worldwide, the Technology department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
We are looking for a professional who will contribute to the development of material & process modelling solutions. Having out-of-the-box thinking on this position you will be able to fulfill your interest in applied R&D and will have a chance to implement your ideas into business of Siemens.
- Research, development and implementation of CAD/CAE methods for materials modelling in the domains of:
- Additive manufacturing: multiscale material and process modelling
- Mechanical Integrity: advanced lifetime assessment methods
- Structure–property relationships: prediction of material properties based on microstructure and phase composition
- Development of own innovative ideas for growth of the R&D portfolio of the team
- Interaction with local and international partners/colleagues
- Coordination of research projects with universities and partners
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- MSc in at least one of following fields: Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science. PhD is preferable.
- Strong background in applied mathematics, numerical methods implementation, APIs, design automation with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong background in CAD/CAE, Computational Solid Mechanics and/or Fluid Dynamics
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with one or more commercial finite element codes (e.g. Simcenter 3D, ANSYS, ABAQUS) will be your competitive advantage
- Good communication skills, team player
- Creativity and self-learning abilities
- Excellent written and verbal English to interact with global partners
What else do I need to know?
- Competitive salary
- Partially remote work
- Corporate medical insurance
- Corporate trainings
- Sports compensation
- Lunch compensation
Company: OOO Siemens
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time