Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for a Head of Entry Level Talent (ELT) Programmes. This is an important and exciting role looking after the management and facilitation of fully outsourced apprentices, T-levels and traineeships programmes.
You will be responsible for delivering and improving ELT and other talent programme provision, leading the development, preparation, implementation and follow up for all ELT / Talent Programmes, including Graduate, Intern and outsourced apprenticeships and other programmes as determined from time to time by the business, this includes the day to day running, administration and coordination of the various programmes. There is responsibility, working with the HR function for the procurement, selection and recruitment of ELT to meet resource forecasts.
This role will be location independent and will require travelling to different Siemens Mobility Limited offices as required. We can be flexible with where the ideal candidate will be coming from but we would expect you to be in a commutable distance from one of our offices in Northampton or Chippenham ideally. Once our Rail Manufacturing Facility is running, there will also be a requirement to travel to Goole.
Be part of an award-winning company. We have been a leader for seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions for more than 160 years. At Siemens Mobility, we put our people at the centre of everything we do. Our employees voted us as one of the best places to work in the UK in the Glassdoor Employee Choice awards 2021. Join us to help build the future and make real what matters.
What are my responsibilities?
Entry Level Talent Strategy / Framework
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Business Partnering and Training, and the HR Business Partners, to set a strategic framework for ELT Programmes, including Graduates, Interns, Degree Apprentices, Apprentices and any other programmes as requested by the business from time to time.
- Give input to the HR function on the overall ELT governance framework including roles & responsibilities, reward strategy, terms and conditions, grading and pay progression.
- Responsible for capturing and communicating that framework in a Governance document.
- Communicate the ELT governance framework to sponsor managers, placement managers, employees, learners, outlining their responsibilities within the relevant scheme. Provide support to this group for questions related to the ELT governance framework. Assist in the development of, and circulate reports and statistics about the ELT governance framework for the use of internal stakeholders
- Liaise with the business partners / business units to identify the best schemes for ELT / Talent programmes and what is the most appropriate for the required role.
- Work to standardise the ELT programmes across Siemens Mobility (e.g., graduate, intern and apprenticeship schemes) where appropriate.
- Be responsible for and manage Siemens Mobility’s BIP and iBIP Projects.
- Be responsible for and manage Siemens Mobility’s annual ELT celebration event.
- Overall responsibility for all Siemens Mobility ELT learners.
- Maintain and develop innovative delivery models for each of the ELT / Talent programmes in support of delivering each programme.
- Participate and plan budgetary requirements.
Entry Level Talent Recruitment & Induction
- Work with HR Business Partners to agree and define the strategy for the requirements of entry level talent across the business.
- Work with internal stakeholders and the Talent Acquisition Team to forecast the annual entry level talent recruitment requirement, the mix / location of apprentices / grads / interns and provide input to HR Talent Acquisition for them to determine a Talent attraction strategy Talent Acquisition to define the attraction campaign (events calendar, marketing, website, and social media).
- Work with the ELT recruitment and selection specification and provide feedback and influence to HR TA to continuously improve the selection process.
- Lead on the strategy and delivery of the STEM Strategy for Siemens Mobility Limited. Ensuring stakeholder feedback is gathered and acted upon. Ensure the safe and effective coordination of work experience placements.
Entry Level Talent Pastoral & Learning Support
- Provide pastoral learner support in line with business expectations.
- Develop an ELT Community that maximises the learners’ well-being and forges links across sites and externally where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of ELT engagement / satisfaction at work, regularly reviewing retention rates. Ensure all quality assurances processes for the provision of ELT Programmes are adhered to.
- Carry out regular learner reviews across ELT Programmes and facilitate the assessment across programmes.
- Provide learners with feedback as specified by the programme and individual learner plans.
- Ensure all programmes are maintained to time and standard.
- Collaborate with the Siemens Mobility Business Units and Business Partners to identify and delivery the ELT / Talent Programme requirements for their areas of responsibility.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant colleges and specialist training providers to deliver Siemens Mobility’s ELT / Talent Programme requirements, ensuring they meet the required standards.
- Identify and create relationships with specialist technology providers to ensure learning experience is leading edge and compatible with the culture of Millennials and Gen Z.
- Work with Learning World and Siemens Plc where required to ensure projects are completed as required.
- Develop Siemens Mobility network of partners in the technical training arena - responsible for selection and qualification, negotiation and relationship development to ensure a flexible and innovative set of delivery partners is constructed while minimising fixed costs to Siemens.
- Develop appropriate use of Siemens Global Learning Campus, including provision of feedback to ensure the continual improvement of Learning Campus offerings.
- Maintain strong relationships with NSAR (National Skills Academy for Rail) and other accrediting bodies to ensure SMO maximises the benefit of cross industry training delivery initiatives.
- Work with the relevant departmental heads to plan & manage the requirements of the ELT / Talent Programmes. Managing rotations between departments and liaising such that required knowledge is achieved across the business as determined by the relevant programme.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Know-How
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Experience in an industry with high levels of regulation and compliance
- People Management experience
- Ability to write and review technical reports
- Experience of vocational programmes / qualifications in the engineering sector
- Excellent knowledge of vocational engineering standards and professional bodies
- Interpersonal skills to liaise with customers at all levels
- Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Strong network / effective relationship building
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative as part of a virtual team
- CIPD Training and Development qualification or equivalent experience
- Good presentation skills
- Aptitude to IT systems
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time