Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The engineer in this position should support the Parts engineering of steam turbine components. The scope of responsibility covers spares & component engineering and support towards manufacturing & customer / sales enquiries. This position will also provide opportunity to support service engineering of power plant components like bearings, Valves and auxiliary equipment.
- Design of steam turbine components, main components : Turbine Rotor, Inner and Outer casings, Blade, Blade Rings, Gland Seal casing components, Horizontal Joint Bolting, Bearing Pedestals, steam valves etc.
- Localization of steam turbine parts, vendor development for manufacturing of parts and raw materials.
- Process development and supplier support on total manufacturing life cycle of components that including metallurgy, heat treatment, welding and NDE processes.
- Support field service and customer in urgent forced outage recovery programs.
- Implementation of all product definition documents including graphics, bill of materials, and product manufacture process requirements.
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
- 8 to 14 years of engineering or manufacturing experience, preferably in Steam Turbine domain.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance or direction.
- Ability to interface directly with customer, field, suppliers and management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make quick, informed decisions on a regular basis
- Ability to manage multiple manufacturing issues / projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with steam turbine products or repair methods for major components a plus.
This role is based in Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time