"Siemens Smart Infrastructure" - Digital Grid; SI DG Turkey is mainly focused on Development and Execution of Software Solutions for Energy Automation Smart Grid Products. As being the integral part of Siemens Digital Grid Turkey, Grid Control Engineering group is mainly focused on Software Solution & Implementation of Grid Control segment product. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a “EMS(Energy Management System) Engineer” in ODTÜ Teknokent Ankara office for projects in Digital Grid Area.
What are my responsibilities?
· As an Energy Management System (EMS) project specialist, supporting complex Grid Control Center projects in the Statement of Work, Engineering, Testing and Commissioning phases, within a national and international environment.
· Domain expertise and responsibility for parameterization, problem-free functioning, and fault correction in Energy Management applications, especially for transmission network.
· Understand the prospect customer’s needs and problems and arrange necessary actions to create the appropriate solutions.
· Cooperate with customers on model migration and conversion of data to format needed for Siemens Spectrum Power Systems Applications and SCADA.
· Perform tests at different stages of project lifecycle including FAT and SAT.
· Perform customer training and consult on power system modeling to ensure the effective use and maintenance of a customer’s power system applications.
· Conduct unit testing and tuning to ensure power system applications will meet customer and industry requirements. Support in-house and/or customer-side installation features using knowledge of power systems and Siemens Spectrum application functionality with clear, logical thought processes.
· Redirect problems to appropriate R&D if it is needed.
· Stay up to date with the latest industry standards and trends.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· BS (required) or MS (preferred) degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering or similar fields including completion of one or more Power Systems courses.
· Solid understanding of Power System Analysis approaches (Power Flow, State Estimation, Contingency Analysis etc.); ability to identify potential problems related with the model by interpreting the results.
· Familiarity with node-breaker and bus-branch representations of electrical grid.
· Having concrete knowledge about components and devices in a Power System in terms of functions, characteristics, and behaviors under certain situations.
· Highly organized and efficient; able to balance competing priorities and execute accordingly.
· Basic know-how on Linux or Solaris Operating systems is a plus.
· Basic Python or Shell or Batch know-how is a plus.
· Understanding of file based and/or relational database is a plus.
· Understanding of XML (eXtensible Markup Language) tree structure is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Excellent command of English is must, German is plus.
· Minimum 3-years experience.
What else do I need to know?
· No restrictions for travelling
· Military service should be completed for male candidates
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time