What do you want to do with your future? Does working for a global company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology interest you? Then a Contract Manager role at Yunex Traffic is for you!
We are looking for someone with traffic signal experience and / or knowledge of a related industry such as highway / electrical / civil engineering / local authority maintenance to join the Services team at Yunex Traffic (A Siemens Business) based at Lowton in the North West. The role will require you to take ownership of multiple service contracts or projects ranging from £10k - £500k and totaling £2-5million. Our contracts cover a wide range of highway electrical infrastructure such as: traffic signals; connected mobility solutions; enforcement and tolling; and electromobility. You will need to communicate effectively, at all levels, and be able to manage multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Yunex. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent. With Yunex, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
What are your responsibilities?
- Support the end-to-end management of all Traffic Signal Installation schemes across the North West region
- Management of a medium size team of ‘on Street’ operatives & supervisors, ensuring H&S objectives, quality and project delivery timescales are met, and that our works are aligned to contractual and customer expectation
- Overseeing the planning, co-ordination and putting to work of your team
- Work closely with contractors and supply chain partners to ensure the most efficient and cost effective service can be offered, in the safest possible way
- Performance Management & development of your teams’ skill set through the setting of objectives, targets and via on going reviews
- In collaboration with your Commercial & finance partners you will manage scheme costs and mitigate financial risk through the proactive control of unbilled contract Stock, Non Conformance costs, adherence to payment schedules and the timely submission of applications & invoices
- Production and management of monthly financial forecast
- Management of a wide portfolio of projects at the same time, varying in value from £10K to £500K
- Liaise with, and support internal stakeholders such as Tendering Managers, Regional Sales Manager and Commercial partners
- Be actively involved in business improvement initiatives & projects, both locally and nationally.
- Be confident and willing to represent your team at pre-contract and customer review meetings
- Management of team HR topics such as; Capability, Sickness and Performance
- Previous experience of Project Management, ideally on the highways, traffic signals or section 278 works
- Have an appreciation of/or experience and understanding in highways and traffic signal infrastructure
- Able to read, interpret and understand construction drawings
- An understanding of Street works permitting and Traffic Management requirements
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment legislation/procedures (IOSH / NEBOSH)
- Management or supervisory experience in a technical position (electrical, highway, traffic management, civil / mechanical engineering, IT / comms infrastructure)
- Contract/Commercial knowledge
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organization/planning skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
- Understanding of project management principles
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time