Are you a seasoned Bid Management leader with expertise in leading bids in PPP turnkey projects, signalling and / or rail projects?
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in the area of intermodal mobility, apps and backend systems.
If you're interested to join our growing organisation as Head of Bid Management based in our Melbourne office, we'll offer you the support to make it happen!
Change the future with us.
In this leadership role within the Tendering department, you will report to the Head of Sales and Tendering and work closely with all disciplines within the team and the wider business to ensure delivery of high quality, winning bids, and ensuring these are effectively mobilised to project delivery.
You will be responsible for all the bid managers within the team, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning bid strategy in all cases, acting as the deputy department head as required.
- Lead the bid managers and commercial managers within the team to ensure correctly skilled and motivated bid management resources are available at the right time to enable successful tender delivery.
- Ensure all tenders follow the appropriate governance requirements as defined within Siemens guidelines.
- Communicate and plan with all other functional leads within Tendering to ensure overall team performance is optimised and issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Own the bid resource planning to ensure department capacity is aligned to demand, business resource is forecast and agreed in advance of tender arrival and liaise with internal senior management and customers to help smooth tender pipeline.
- Manage the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award
- Engage in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial and commercial considerations, and act as an escalation point of contact in relation to bids.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You are an accomplished leader with experience managing high performing teams in a pressured environment.
- You have managed the delivery of multiple bids through corporate governance procedures, including parallel approval workstreams (e.g. financial, technical, commercial etc.)
- You have 10+ years of bid management experience from an engineering project-based business, in a regulated industry, with experience leading bids in PPP turnkey projects, signalling and telecom bids as well as electrification bids.
- You have a good understanding of the way in which rail signalling projects are managed and delivered to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e. project management, finance, engineering, planning, delivery and commercial inputs
- We’d love to see your prior SIEMENS Mobility experience.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We support a diverse workforce
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time