- Early Procurement Involvement
Be actively involved in the product development as well as undertaking and pushing forward cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D community in the BU and strategic Procurement (Commodity Managers, Senior Buyers)
- Early Supplier Integration
Include suppliers and conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
Initiate market observation, conduct and provide market information/analyses on international technology and price trends in order to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
- Alignment of Technology Roadmaps
Introduce and follow up given cross-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies and technological market trends.
- Strategy alignmentSupport activities planned by the lines of business in order to harmonize and
implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies.
- Strategy deployment
Prepare sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological know-how and safeguard security strategies for new development product , technology, supplier.
- Business support
Be involved in and provide corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material (BoM assessment) and realization of potential for savings in the project.
- Supplier Management: Technology
Assess and develop suppliers from the technological standpoint (if necessary, jointly with interface partners) in order to concentrate on the best suppliers.
- Knowledge management
Participate in workgroups and work in projects in order to stay informed and keep and others informed, and exert influence at an early stage.- Coordinate and manage a virtual/ functional team globally to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative, targeted activities and to increase EVA from global and cross-sectoral sourcing. Global procurement strategy for projects with multiple locations.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in procurement field
- Professional expertise in purchasing technical
- Good product and commodity knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with cost breakdown and design to cost
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Experience with working in cross function team with influencing power
- Commercial knowledge
- Supply Chain Management knowledge
- Familiar with Siemens internal related standardized regulation& process.- Good command of English and Mandarin Chinese
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Sensors & Communication Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time