Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We want to join a Design Engineer (m/f/d) Interior Components to our Rolling Stock team located in Madrid.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• Your new position as a development engineer will take you to the engineering department for the interior design of our state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly rail vehicles. Here you will work together with experienced colleagues (f/m/d) on the design and construction of the passenger trains of tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
• In doing so, you will develop innovative concepts and detailed technical solutions for assemblies and systems in the field of interior trim and interior equipment of rail vehicles.
• You will design the responsible assemblies and systems in 3D-CAD (Creo) and, if necessary, control internal and external designers and draftsmen at various international locations during detail design.
• During the development phase, you coordinate your design with shareholders such as interface partners, project management, purchasing and production.
• You develop and integrate mechanical and electrical subsystems, taking into account the relevant requirements and cross-cutting issues (e.g. fire protection, design), with the aim of achieving an overall optimum of technology, costs and adherence to deadlines.
• In cooperation with the procurement department, you will issue tenders for the manufacturing of your assemblies to suppliers by means of detailed specifications, define necessary inspections and tests and support the selected supplier from a technical point of view throughout the entire development and manufacturing process.
• You accompany and support the assembly of the systems for which you are responsible in our production and assess new requirements from customer specifications, standards and legislation.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
• You have a master's degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering, rail vehicle construction or industrial engineering or a comparable degree.
• You are an experienced user of Creo, PDMLink and SAP.
• You have several years (at least 3, better more than 5 years) of professional experience in the field of interior design of railway vehicles.
• You have extensive expertise in the material fields of fiber composites, wood, metals, glass as well as with lighting systems and/or adhesive technology.
• You have already taken over the technical leadership of supporting design engineers.
• You have very good written and spoken English or German skills, additional language skills are an advantage.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.