Technical Service Manager
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are looking for a Technical Services Manager with experience working within an IT service business having products based on “as a Service” (aaS) structure in Cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). This is a home-based role with some UK travel requirements and potential for occasional global travel.
You will engage with both the Siemens Cloud Operations (CLO) Delivery and Operations Teams that support and manage existing applications in the development of alternative aaS business models, associated software, infrastructure and service changes required to realise the potential of the products.
As part of this role you manage the functional processes (ITIL v4) & maintain the Standard Operational Procedures of the Operations Team; support the Operational team in the effective and efficient onboarding, continued servicing and contribute to the day to day activities of the team in supporting the aaS customers throughout their contract & lifecycle. This includes taking an active role in supporting all Security and Business Continuity audit & certification processes; ensuring compliance for both Siemens and Customer’s security standards.
Change the future with us!
- Partnering with business-focused development teams and successfully leading the design of servitised solutions.
- Monitoring costs within operational models that enable Siemens and its customers to achieve continuous efficiency gains while minimising risk.
- Providing governance guidance and administration aligned to the objectives of Siemens Digital Grid and for the cross functional and R&D Teams. This will include inclusion in areas such as; Performance related Information, Resources utilization, Operational Reports, Associated Finances and Management of Risks and Issues.
- Creating frameworks, planning sessions and organising operational review meetings to ensure continued high levels of service and robust outcomes.
- Assist in the development and documentation of business requirements, processes and models for the services and service outcomes including analysis of specific customer needs relating to roadmaps, services and where value can be driven.
- Support other teams with technical, process and cloud-based expertise to assist in closing customer opportunities for the servitised products
What you need to make real what matters:
- An IT professional with experience gained from functioning within Professional Service, Cloud Infrastructure and associated Process Management disciplines.
- Broad experience across IT services, infrastructure and delivery disciplines, with exposure to working in complex IT projects
- IT Process and Operational experience
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly understand new solutions, domains and business models.
- Ability to build strong relationships with the cross functional teams as well as with external partners / suppliers in a matrix organization.
- Proven experience of working with partners on a global scale, across time zones & cultures.
What else do you need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time