Would you like to contribute to the design of the most advanced aircraft and spacecraft in existence?
- Develop the worldwide market-leading composites solution software (Fibersim) to empower composites engineers to make better decisions to adapt to rapid industry changes.
- Research and develop geometric and simulation solutions for composites design and manufacturing applications in a very team-oriented Agile environment.
- This position reports to the technical lead for Seats and Composites solutions in Specialized Engineering Segment of Siemens.
- Review and analyze customer requirements with product owners to define future products and generate development plans
- Lead to solve composites engineering problems with appropriate numerical approaches
- Improve and maintain existing composites numerical simulations and surface offset tools
- Develop technical plans for complex projects by dividing them into manageable modules and incrementally deliver functionalities.
- Develop test plans and implement automated tests with validation engineers to ensure high product quality
- Continuously improve the existing Agile development process for large scale projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree or PhD in mechanical engineering, mathematics field or a closely related field
- 5 years of experience with software development in C or C++ and with data structures/algorithms
- Demonstrated CAD software programming or related skills
- Strong Background in Numerical analysis, Topology or Geometry
- Knowledge of Perl, Python and Visual Studio
- Eager to learn and desire to share new knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of level set method and surface mesh
- Knowledge of NURBS model
- CAD/CAM/CAE programming experience
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.