As part of the Siemens Digital Commerce and Operations (DCO) organization, this position makes significant contributions towards the SDLC and DevOps agile processes used to deliver best-in-class ecommerce capabilities. Reporting to the Head of DCO R&D, you will be responsible for ensuring agile-based scrum processes are defined, adhered-to, and continually improved throughout the organization. You will be a key participant in the adoption of best practices, efficient processes, and organizational culture as we continue to improve our full stack DevOps and CI/CD approach.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary function of this job is to provide process definition and management. This role will work closely with other scrum masters, product owners, team participants, management, and other organizations to define, deploy, and optimize our agile/scrum based processes. These processes must be a key enabler for innovation, efficiency, repeatability, and compliance to standards such as CMII, ISO, and SEI.
Work with Product Owners and other Team members on a daily basis to participate in, and provide guidance on their processes. Use servant leadership techniques to lead by example. Guide and coach all Team members transparent environment. Work with all team members and organization leaders to create and report on KPIs that serve to eliminate waste and inform on capacity. Has diversified knowledge of methods and practices in broad areas of the software development. Recognized by peers as a strong collaborator. Must excel in a team environment that changes with new technology adoption and evolving customer requirements. Works very collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Define, deploy, and optimize agile scrum processes
• Guide and mentor agile scrum teams
• Enable SDLC and DevOps best practices and compliant processes
• Participate in assigned team’s agile scrum processes
• Create and report on KPIs that serve to eliminate waste and inform on capacity
• Works closely with Product owners, team members, and management.
• Works closely with other scrum masters and quality management personnel.
• Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Engineering, IT, computer science, engineering, business administration, (or lower qualification with relevant work experience)
• 7+ years of software development experience.
• 2+ years of agile/scrum experience.
• First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM )
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict
• resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge of techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
• The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
• SCM and code deployment tools
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• 10+ years of software development experience.
• 4+ years of agile/scrum experience.
• Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team.
• Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts; different team sizes;
• different organizations; different cultures; co-located vs. distributed.
• Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user
• groups, and self-study.
• Knowledge of IaaS, Polymer, code deployment tools, Solr, elastic, Hadoop hdfs, mapreduce and
• HBase or equivalent technologies
• Experience with ETL including real time data ingestion
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.